SENIOR PRODUCT MERCHANDISER
Enfield, London (Remote)
Job No. 015678
Bridgman is a leading quality, luxury furniture retailer with a 45-year heritage in British design. Bridgman's vision is to move away from solely garden furniture but create a presence within and around the home year-round. As the Senior Product Merchandiser, you will be responsible for maximising sales and profit to ensure the continued growth of the organisation through accurate forecasting, planning, procurement and range management.
Working closely with the CEO and Marketing team, the merchandiser will play a key part in the business. When working with the Marketing team, you will ensure that commercial, profitable, product ranges are developed and stocked to maximise ROI.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Analysing sales performance and inventory levels.
- Plan and manage intake, determining sales shape, POS, and markdown.
- Achieve margin KPIs, reviewing supplier mixes while protecting the quality.
- Phasing of products and checking planned sales when these can be achieved.
- Support management by creating key trade reports and supporting with ad hoc analysis when required.
- Expand new WSSI (weekly sales, stock, and intake) used across the Brand to be able to support performance marketing decisions.
- Weekly review of trading performance, reviewing category performance against the year and plan.
- Buy margin-engineered lines for positive promotions, maximising profit, and key events.
- Completing sales forecasting.
- Manage OTB (open-to-buy) by updating line cards weekly, repeating any lines to protect sales and maintaining cover.
- Speak to suppliers to prioritise key lines, regularly reviewing commitment and stock position.
- Suggest promotions to minimise terminal stock and markdown whilst achieving sales plan and profit.
- Overseeing daily/weekly merchandising reports.
- Accurately monitoring and updating numerous Excel/Google spreadsheets.
- Ensure effective communication within the team by holding regular team briefing session.
- Ability to calculate quickly and accurately.
- Good analytical capability.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work to deadlines.
- Embraces a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Considerable drive and the desire to achieve.
- Good organisational and project management skills. Good IT skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
Salary: £35k per annum depending on experience
Working Hours: Full-time
Location: HQ in Brimsdown, Enfield / Hybrid
Benefits include a Competitive Base Salary, Vitality Health Care, 31 Days Holiday (inclusive of bank holidays), Pension.