Price: Low to High
Price: High to Low
- Amaryllis. Amaryllis comes in the colours of love: deep reds and pinks and exotic combinations. You can buy amaryllis stems and present them in a vase as cut flowers. But to symbolize a love than goes on and on, consider a potted bulb in bloom—it will flower year after year with minimal care. If you yourself are a clever gardener you can buy amaryllis bulbs and start them so they will bloom on Saint Valentine's Day.
- Tulip-shaped pillow. Soften your love with a plush pillow shaped like a tulip, handcrafted from red-themed vintage print fabric. Perfect by itself, the pillow is also an elegant backdrop on which to pin a piece of valentine's jewellery.
- Solar roses. Unlike live roses, solar roses stay brilliant as long as the sun shines. Solar chargers mounted on the stems charge during the day so the roses can glow at night. For a display that never needs watering, arrange solar roses of different colours and heights throughout the garden.
- Garden books. Every year scores of new garden and gardening books appear on the market. From instructional books to photographic essays, gardeners love to browse through these books. Choose a book for your region or about your gardener's favourite flowers.
- Outdoor fireplace. Surprise your loved ones with an outdoor fireplace this Valentine's Day. You will warm their hearts as you sit by the fire and roast marshmallows—or just enjoy the glow. It's a gift that will bring your family together for years and years.
- Garden tour. Book a romantic weekend getaway to a renowned arboretum or garden and arrange a private tour for you and your loved one.
- Orchids at Kew. The annual orchid display at the Princess of Wales Conservatory is a romantic backdrop to Valentine's Day events at Kew Gardens. For a sweetheart who is an avid gardener, a stroll in the gardens of Kew and a visit to the orchid show is a thoughtful and touching gift.
- Gardening apron. Proclaim your love with a heart pierced by cupid's arrow painted on a garden apron. With lots of pockets it's a helpful organizer, and an excellent DIY gift for kids to give to mom on Valentine's Day, signed with little handprints.
- Gift certificate. It's not the most personal of gifts, but if you are not sure what to get your favourite gardener, a gift certificate to a garden centre or nursery will ensure that your love gets what he or she wants.