Price: Low to High
Price: High to Low
You don’t have to live at the beach to welcome beach decor inspiration. I like beaches (a whole lot), but I don’t live near one. So I make my home feel like the sea.
Following are ideas to inspire your own home beach decor.
1. With their distinct yet soft tones, shells add the perfect touch of colour to a monochromatic decor. A stylish arrangement of shells lends interest without disturbing the calm.
2. Framed marine life prints create a maritime theme well suited to a light and airy room.
3. A morning of beachcombing is all you need for beach decor inspiration. Distressed white furniture, sandy hues with hints of aqua, and tastefully displayed beach treasures combine for a totally nautical ambiance.
4. There’s nothing like a hammock for resting and reading. I bring mine inside at the end of summer and hang it in the great room.
5. When your room looks onto the water, you don’t need much more in the way of beach decor inspection. Blue walls and a model ship complete the setting.
6. You can recreate the charm of a classic island kitchen with wide plank floors, windowed cabinet doors, and open shelves.
7. For a tropical oasis, paper your walls with swaying palm trees. You’ll feel warm even when winter winds blow outside your window.
8. Children will feel as if they’re on a ship at sea with navy blue bedspreads, a chevron rug, and bunk beds in their bedroom.
9. Powder blue paneling, a classic claw-foot tub, period pieces, built-in shelves for bottles of sand, and treasures from the sea – what more could you ask for in beach decor inspiration!
10. Shades of blue and white in the master bedroom have a calming effect. Starfish-patterned and striped pillows plus beach theme bedding evoke the sea.
11. Exotic shells are like works of art, worthy of being displayed. Set them on white-painted sconces for a wall of shells.
12. A ship’s steering wheel repurposed as a mirror and classic wood oars displayed as wall art lend an unmistakable nautical character to a room.
13. My favourite place to sit is on a screen porch by the beach. Breezy colours, a classic glider, and vintage letters that spell out the word “sea” add to the beachy environment.
14. A 21st century beach house kitchen combines old and new elements: Lamps from large old-style bottles, marble dining table top, traditional lighthouse scenes, and chair covers in nautical blue and white stripes.
15. A seahorse stencil is the simplest beach decor inspiration yet. Two sizes painted white on blue-gray walls set the marine scene.
16. A wall arrangement of ships’ steering wheels, lanterns, nautical prints, and a sign to the beach lets you know right away what this person is dreaming of.
17. Whether or not you live in the tropics you can turn your home into a tropical beach paradise with furniture, woodwork, upholstery, and pillows in bold colours.
18. White with navy accents evokes a beach in a temperate climate. Floors, cabinets, ceilings, walls, tables, and chairs – all white.
19. Nautical accessories, shell fabric on pillows, shells in shadow boxes, framed shell prints, and coastal artworks are all lovely reminders of summer days at the beach.
20. For a souvenir of your beach holiday, collect (empty) shells and attach them with thin wire or string to a length of jute. String your garland across a window when you get home.
Beach decor inspiration sets the scene for the summer. If you like our ideas, you can pin them to make sure you can find them later. Join us on Pinterest for more Home Decor and Outdoor Living pins!
Pictures Credits: Featured: Deeje Image 1: Somerset Bay Home Image 2: HGTV Image 3: HGTV Image 4: Lushome Image 5: Decorating Files Image 6: Sarah Richardson Design Image 7: Country Living Image 8: Country Living Image 9: BHG Image 10: BHG Image 11: BHG Image 12: BHG Image 13: BHG Image 14: Queensland Homes Image 15: Completely Coastal Image 16: Upcycled treasures Image 17: Southern Living Image 18: Southern Living Image 19: Southern Living Image 20: Southern Living